Booktube & Bookstagram

photo Banner_zpse5jj52jx.jpg

BOOKSTAGRAM

There is a whole world of beautifully taken photos that showcases new or popular books on Instagram, and not many people know about it yet. If you have already immersed yourself in it, then congratulations, you have discovered Bookstagram! These accounts are not only visually stimulating, but they also offer recommendations if you find it hard keeping up with new book releases or are always on the look out for your next book. Some publishing companies have even hopped on this platform to market new releases.

With different themes, props, colour schemes, and genres, each Instagram account offers a unique browsing experience. Some may even include book summaries or reviews right into the description, which makes it a one-stop literary destination instead of having you go through different websites and sources. Other accounts may have links to their blog where you can find reviews, recommendations, giveaways, and so much more. You can gauge whether or not the account holder has similar reading interests as yourself based off of their photos and reviews; this makes it easier for you to select your next read. The only difficult part would be managing your growing TBR (To be read) list!

Check out some of the recommended Instagram accounts below:

Howdy beauties! ❤️ Hope your day is filled with joy and fun! ☺️ nothing like getting lost in books that make you feel happy. Side note! I started a Facebook page! It's on my website. Check it out and give it a like 🙂 🌸 ***************************************** Day 15 : Shelfie • #sammyreadsjune16 | flying books • #dawntoduskjune | happy books • #fullybookedjune16 Right now, I'm in a sappy love story mood. I've also did some adventurous books. I finished all of "Narnia Chronicles" and it was so good! I missed those books. That was my real first series that I was so addicted too as a kid. So to re-read it was fun! So now, I'm in full swing to find me another #bookboyfriend. 🌸 Anyone has suggestion for a "good love story"? I'm kind of looking for a full blown "oh-my " kind. Yes, I accept cheesy ones because let's face it– I'm corny cheese! 🙂 – Much Love, xox VEE❤️ – – – #bookworm #bookgasm #booknerd #yabooks #reading #totalbooknerd #bookstagram #bookstagramfeature #instareads #instabook #ya #fangirl #bookaholic #bibliophile #biblio #bookish #igreads #onthebed #yareads #bookaddict #bookblogger #socks #shelfie #bookshelf #wovenpear #literature

A post shared by Vee ❤️🇨🇦 (@floralsndragons) on

Something in Between by Melissa de la Cruz sounds sooooo good! I've only read one other book regarding deportation, so I'm curious to see how this one is done. I actually received this recently from a trade with another bookie, and I'm excited to start it soon! 🤗 (Synopsis below for anyone interested!) . 💭 Have you read this? Thoughts? . ✨Adorable elephant @bookbeau by the one and only!! 💕 (Use code 'LOSTINLIT' to save 10%!!) . 📖 Synopsis: It feels like there’s no ground beneath me, like everything I’ve ever done has been a lie. Like I’m breaking apart, shattering. Who am I? Where do I belong? Jasmine de los Santos has always done what’s expected of her. Pretty and popular, she’s studied hard, made her Filipino immigrant parents proud and is ready to reap the rewards in the form of a full college scholarship. And then everything shatters. A national scholar award invitation compels her parents to reveal the truth: their visas expired years ago. Her entire family is illegal. That means no scholarships, maybe no college at all and the very real threat of deportation. For the first time, Jasmine rebels, trying all those teen things she never had time for in the past. Even as she’s trying to make sense of her new world, it’s turned upside down by Royce Blakely, the charming son of a high-ranking congressman. Jasmine no longer has any idea where—or if—she fits into the American Dream. All she knows is that she’s not giving up. Because when the rules you lived by no longer apply, the only thing to do is make up your own. Published October 4th 2016 by Harlequin Teen . #somethinginbetween #melissadelacruz #harlequinteen #yalit

A post shared by Lisa ⚯͛⠀ོ☁︎ (@lisa_lostinlit) on

BOOKTUBE

YouTube has blown up in popularity since its inception, which makes it one of the best places to get your book news! Many content creators upload weekly videos of book reviews, news, unboxings, and hauls. The more popular videos include monthly reading wrap-ups and TBR. These enthusiastic “Booktubers” do an excellent job giving viewers a quick blurb of what each book is about, as well as introducing lesser known books. You’ll also see this community support one another by having each other on as a guest in one of their videos.

Watching Booktube is a great way of keeping up with any book related news, or if you prefer it, listening to them talk in the background while you work on assignments.

Check out some of these videos!

Click below for our other suggestions:

Tashapolis

Welldonebooks

Katytastic

Benjaminoftomes

Little Book Owl

Padfootandprongs07